Friday, December 19, 2014

It's been hard

Love radiance strength. 
It's been FOREVER.  Life is busy. Last night was a hard night.  My oldest had a "fit" an escalation. 
The day after a huge fit is always a somber day.  My eyes are swollen from wiping away tears and trying to hold them back.  I want to curl up in my huge quilt and watch mundane tv shows that make me not think about anything.  I only want my dog around me. He is my favorite.  I want to cry.  I want to scream.  I want to sob!! A thick sob that comes from the bottom of my broken heart.  My heart still hurts.  It aches. I ache for a "normal" kid.  I would even take a non-aggressive, non- fit throwing, non- swearing, non- breaking everything in sight, kid.  But I have mine. And of course I take it. We all do. My very aggressive, fit throwing, swearing, breaking everything in sight kid.  And he is 15. We all take it. Hard.  
I read a blog recently about how it's a lonely lonely life being a mother of a disabled child.  It is! Most of my time is spent trying to calm or help alleviate stress for my 15 year old.  And when he is in a good place. I get to spend that time with my other kids.  One of whom has Asperger.  And when all 4 of my kids are fully charged and know how truly loved they are every second of every day.  I try my best to make time for my husband.  Who sadly, most of the time falls to the wayside. So having time for friends is nearly impossible.  A "girls night" is a rare rare thing that's almost within reach if I can keep my eyes open past 8pm. And only if my kids are in good spaces.  My husband is the most understanding, loving, kind, honest, person I have ever met.  He deserves so much more.  

Life goes on.  We do our best. That's all we can do I suppose.  We celebrate the good days.  Try to get past the bad.  Try to forget the bad days.  While still "learning" from it.  

No comments: